The Kentucky Writers Conference
The Kentucky Writers Conference is made possible through the generous support of Dollar General. A selection of authors participating in Book Fest Saturday, April 23, 2016 will give attendees at the Writers Conference the benefit of their wisdom on Friday, April 22. Free workshops on a variety of writing topics are presented during this day-long event. Sessions run for 75 minutes. The day begins at 9:00am and ends at 3:30pm. The conference is open to anyone who would like to attend. Space is limited, so please register below by the week of April 11. Lunch can be purchased on site at Smarts Cafe, (click for menu) which will be staying open late to accommodate KWC attendees. There are many restaurants near the conference center.
The Kentucky Writers Conference program and a link to register for the conference are below. Registrants will receive an email notice regarding updates.
Update: Registration is now closed. Entrance into remaining open sessions will be first-come, first-served to attendees Friday.
- C.J. Redwine and David Madden's sessions are currently full.
- Erica Wright and Dana Chamblee Carpenter's session will be moved to Conference Room 303; Mark Wayne Adams' session at that time will be moved to room 215.
- Crystal Wilkinson's session is now full.
- Courtney Stevens and Kristin Tubb's session is now full.
- Karen Salyer McElMurray's session will now be taught by Dr. Dale Rigby (see program for bio). The subject matter of the session will remain the same.