Teen & Children’s Day
During Teen & Children’s Day activities, illustrators and authors will make presentations, sign copies of their books, and be available to discuss their work one-on-one with elementary & high school age students. Multiple activities for all grade levels will take place throughout the day.
Books will be available for purchase from author tables throughout the event. Activities and crafts will be available all day.
This event is FREE and open to the public. Registration for schools & student groups is now open. Seating for panels and presentations is first-come, first-served.
Presentations listed below will be available on a first-come first-served basis. Be sure to register soon! See the most recent schedule by clicking the button below. If you want to register for a session not listed on the registration page, send an email to the Coordinator.
- Rooms 163A-C Presentation – Phil Bildner
- Auditorium Presentation – Amanda Driscoll
- Room 112 Writing Workshop – Tricia Springstubb: The Story in Your Pocket
- Room 113 Writing Workshop – Tracy Barrett: Great Opening Lines
- Regency Room YA Panel: IRL? Contemporary Young Adult fiction with Courtney Stevens, Mike Mullin, Cat Jordan, Kim Savage, & Helene Dunbar
- Rooms 163A-C: Presentation – Loren Long
- Location TBD: Mural Painting with Andee Rudloff (read more below)
- Auditorium Presentation – Robin Newman
- Room 112 Writing Workshop – Jessica Young: What’s Growing in Your Idea Garden?
- Room 113 Writing Workshop – Jenn Maschari: Create a Character
- CANCELED Regency Room Presentation – Maggie Stiefvater
- Rooms 163A-C Presentation – Mark Wayne Adams
- Auditorium Presentation – Holly Niner
- Room 112 Writing Workshop – Olivia A. Cole: Fact versus Truth in Fiction
- Room 113 Joe Wos: How to Toon
- Regency Room YA Panel: Fantastical Young Adult Authors & Where to Find Them with C.J. Redwine, Mary Weber, Melissa Landers, Emmy Laybourne & Sharon Cameron
- Rooms 163A-C Presentation – Kristin Tubb
- Auditorium Presentation – Jessica Young
- Room 112 Writing Workshop: Geoffrey Girard – Wrinkles in Time: Writers’ Craft
- Room 113 Writing Workshop: Emmy Laybourne – Writing Premise is a Promise
- Regency Room – Presentation Mike Mullin
- Rooms 163A-C Presentation – Tracy Barrett
- Auditorium Presentation – Debbie Dadey
- Room 112 – JC Morrows: From Supergirl to Bella Swan
- Room 113 – Mike Mullin – Taekwando Workshop for Realistic Action Scenes
- CANCELED Room 175 Writing Workshop – Hanif Abdurraqib: Writing Pop Culture
- Regency Room YA Panel: Family Feud with Jenn Bishop, Lydia Kang, Brigid Kemmerer, Amber Smith, Mitali Perkins
Updated April 4, 2018
Lunch will be provided between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm. However, we will not be able to accommodate any special dietary needs, so please plan accordingly. Students may bring their own lunches as well.
Mural Painting with Andee Rudloff
Celebrate books with art! We’ll be live-painting a reading-themed mural at SOKY Book Fest this year with artist Andee Rudloff. Painting begins at 10am!
About the Artist
Andrea D. Rudloff (Andee) is a consultant, educator and professional artist frequently working in Kentucky and Tennessee. Her goal is to engage community through creative opportunities and she does so frequently through murals, exhibitions, greenway planning and interactive opportunities. Andee Rudloff is currently serving as the artist-in-residence for Timeslips and VSA Kentucky as well as a consultant for The Southern Kentucky Performing Arts Center (SKyPAC). Read more…
- SOKY Book Fest
- Warren County Public Library